Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Limoncello

It looks like every liquer has a season in Datca. Last summer it was all about cherry liquer, this year it was limoncello. When I found out that all the ladies around producing litres of this marvelous drink, I immediately rushed to the market to buy lemons.



One hot afternoon hubby and I spent painful hours to peel the yellow rind of the lemons. We learned that only to get the yellow rind and not the white is the crucial point of the whole operation. Later I left them in the alcohol for 2 weeks in a dark place and then mix the content with water and sugar..

As we both love this liquer which is mainly produced in Southern Italy, it looks like we exagerated the thing a bit more and end up with 10 litres of limoncello.

If you want the receipe this one I found on the web is pretty similar to ours.

18 comments:

  1. It looks refreshing. I love the glasses your beverage is in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love it. Think I may have to try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that got my attention this morning. i love this stuff.
    thx for the recipe
    ~laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so thirst quenching. A perfect beverage for the end of summer.

    I see that Hera/James Dean is doing well. This make me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    came by via Nevine... and must say I love your blog
    So glad I found it!
    And that drink... hmmmmmm... seems to taste delicious!

    thanks for the recipe!I'll try it next weekend!
    ;)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OooohI love this too, it's just so refreshing and zingy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful! I just love lemons and limes and as a cocktail...hmmm...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we made limoncello just this past weekend! I can't wait to have a taste in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooops, that link didn't work.....but I found the recipe - want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Refreshing and a welcoming drink especially on a hot day. Both are my favourite fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I answered to your question on my blog!
    Yes, there's easier way...DOUBLE CLICKing those sections...
    Like here: I choose Name/URL option > it shows two empty sections
    Name > I click it and it shows AUTOMATICALLY my name, URL > I click it and it shows all 3 addresses I can choose from...No writing! But I've been here before... :)

    Try to come and comment on my blog with DOUBLE clicking - do you get your name, URL automatically?

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love you all folks. Hope to meet again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Limoncello is one of my favorite summer drinks. It's perfect after lunch or dinner. I've never tried to make my own, but I think I'll give it a whirl. By the way, your photo is lovely... and refreshing... and the colors make me long for an Indian Summer.

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanna give that to my gourme aunt .I've never tasted it b4 .
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Limoncello is one of my favorite beverages. It does take forever to carefully grate the peel... but the results are well worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always buy limoncello when I am in Italy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin