Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chilhood memories and fresh almonds

When I was a kid and living in a much organic enviroment, I remember that almost all the vegetables and the fruits have their own seasons..You wait for them, you miss them and finally you savour them..The most obvious that come to my mind was tomato. I dont remember eating fresh tomatos during winter time, but when the summer comes, they were abundant with tastes and smells that are no more available in todays markets. The tomato juice thet my mom squeezed every summer morning for breakfast is unfortunately a distant memory right now.Mom is here, plenty of tomatos all year round, but looks like world has lost its  connection with mother earth..
But luckly, there is still fresh almond season. I miss them, wait for them and finally savour them, always by peeling their brown skin.  For breakfast its soooo delicious to dip them into honey and for evening goes soooo well with your drinks..

Ben daha henüz bir çocukken ve göreceli olarak daha organik bir çevrede yaşarken neredeyse her sebzenin ve meyvenin bir mevsimi vardı..Onları, beklerdiniz, özlerdiniz ve sonunda da tüm lezzeti ile mideye indiriverirdiniz. Aklıma gelen en barizi domates. O zamanlar kış mevsimi hiç taze domates yediğimizi hatırlamıyorum ama yaz geldimi şimdi hiç bir yerde bulamayacağınız tatları ve kokuları ile etrafı dolduruverirlerdi. Annemin her yaz sabahı kahvaltı için sıktığı taze domates suyu şimdilerde uzak bir anı olarak kaldı. Annem burada, domatesler her mevsim market raflarında ama galiba toprak ile olan bağımızı kaybettik..
Neyse ki benim için hala taze badem mevsimi var..Özlüyorum, sabırla bekliyorum, şimdilerde de tadını çıkartıyorum.Sabah kahvaltılarında bal'a batırarak, akşamları da içkinin yanında harika gidiyor..

9 comments:

  1. for me too...fresh tomatoes and summer do bring childhood memories; fresh almonds..yummm : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Datça'nın bademi gibi güzeli yok. Datça'ya Palamutbüküne, bademlerine aşığım:)) Sevgiler...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh almonds are a taste i only discovered when I came to Turkey. That and green mandarin- love those in a gin snd tonic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those almonds must be delicious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried fresh almonds, I can only imagine how they taste:)

    Blog about life and travelling
    Blog about cooking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure I've never had a fresh almond. Fresh tomatoes, though, I love. We're growing some this summer--our markets don't have good ones either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merhaba : ) lovely post, and so agree with you; nothing like the seasonal produce. Fresh almonds must be amazing now, so look forward to my share soon ;) Sevgiler, Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  8. The almonds must taste wonderful. More people are starting to get back to growing their own food and eating organic. I hope that I live somewhere that I can do that in the near future.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. postingan yang bagus tentang Chilhood memories and fresh almonds

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin